View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 04:01 PM   #44 (permalink)
auctionjmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephinfan View Post
Mmmm.....I don't think so, Jim. That would require Topps to listen to consumers & that's not going to happen on a regular basis like that. If the orders are coming in, they are going to produce it, no matter what.
I think you actually made Jim's point just there. The orders were NOT coming in and so Topps did not produce much of it. Hence why it is now tough to find and very expensive. Shops and distributors underestimated customer demand, especially after seeing people on message boards trashing this idea (and many still are). Topps sells to shops, not to customers, so they could only produce what the shops and distributors wanted. My LCS is already sold out and he said his phone won't stop ringing with customers asking if he has any left.

The point Jim was making is don't listen to the naysayers. They've been wrong about every product this year and continue to be wrong. All the Bowman bashers will learn this lesson too when Bowman continues to go up in price despite many trying to knock it down.
auctionjmm is offline   Reply With Quote