View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #94 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by auctionjmm View Post
So much bitterness on this forum. I feel like I've had this discussion a dozen other times. I like how assumptions are often accepted as fact here. You assume you know the cost of doing business, and then others believe it when you tell them they'd lose $100 on a box of cards.

I don't sell cards to lose money and I wouldn't blow smoke up someone's ass to make them think anything other than the truth. How about you let the people who ARE listing, packaging, sorting, going to the post office, etc. comment on the cost of doing business. I consistently maintain a 10-15% profit margin AFTER fees and overhead, so I feel I can comment on a product's value accurately. I don't work for Topps. I work full time for a local school district, making an average salary, that I supplement with an eBay business on the side.

I am starting to notice a trend here though. Most of the big sellers don't even comment here any more. They silently run their businesses and let everyone else complain about Topps, eBay and Paypal, and how everyone is getting robbed and losing money. Too bad society has become so liberal and blame-happy. We now live in a place where hard work, intelligence, and perseverance is out of style. It's sad.
Superior post - agree with every word.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote