View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 11:28 PM   #97 (permalink)
stumpfreeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by auctionjmm View Post
Okay. Here is a challenge for you. Buy one hobby box of every baseball release from the past year and tell me how many legitimate problems you encounter with your product. You will find that the MAJORITY of the cards you open will be just fine. So if the average collector is a one box guy who buys stuff to try out ever new release, then that person should realistically be happy most of the time. So I don't believe I am in the minority. I think people tend to be more vocal when they are angry and so it appears that everyone here is pissed off, when in reality cards continue to fly off shelves. It's not one person buying them all so there must be quite a following out there.
With all due respect, I am happy for the people that make money and have good boxes. But you have to believe me when I tell you that my son and I have had huge issues with Topps when it comes to the boxes/cases we have broken in the last year. As collectors we never even think about getting our money back, but we do expect to get what we pay for. Every case we broke last year was missing hits (only 3 various cases for us). Topps customer service was very good at sending our replacement scrub autos. Who knows what the autos would have been if they were seeded properly in the cases/boxes. The others are right, you are the MINORITY. When I see someone saying that they maintain a profit margin busting boxes of cards it sends up a red flag in my head. I do respect you and would never call you a liar, but you have to understand that when our experiences aren't the same as yours, we will adamantly disagree with you. It's kind of a big deal to have missing hits or damaged cards when you save up to break some boxes, collect your team, and trade for your team. We shouldn't have to contact customer service at Topps 1/10th as often as we do. You and I are involved in the hobby in a completely different way and will probably never agree. If I had to think about listing things as fast as I could and worry about my profits, it would ruin this leasurely hobby that my son and I enjoy. In my opinion, you have had a great run if you profited on every product you broke last year. But I think you will eventually see a loss when you consider everything you've put into it. Just my honest opinion based on the experiences I've had, I wish you a continuation of your LUCK.
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote