View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 10:47 PM   #60 (permalink)
mmamaniac79

Hi - a similar situation happened to me a few years ago. I bought on Ebay what I thought was a factory sealed box of 2006 Topps Series 2 rack packs looking for Alex Gordon SPs. When it arrived something about the box did not seem right. In this case the shrink wrap was rather loose and there was a hole in the wrap. Upon further inspection I determined the box was searched and resealed. I had some other unopened Topps retail product in my house and I compared the shrink wraps. The Topps logos on the wrapper were slightly off on the Ebay box & upon closer look I could see it was actually a stamp. I contacted the seller & then filed a claim with Paypal. I received a full refund but had to return the box. This may not work for you since you opened the packs. There are SHADY PEOPLE out there that will search these boxes and then reseal them so they look new & hope they don't get caught. Complete A $ $ holes IMO and I hope they all get what they deserve.

Hope this helps. Also, I had missing hits several times from Knockout but I know those were legit Topps screwups cause I bought them from my LCS and he doesn't search stuff. In fact he never really busts much just sells lots of boxes and cases.

Last edited by mmamaniac79; 05-19-2011 at 10:50 PM.
mmamaniac79 is offline   Reply With Quote