View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 08:20 PM   #1097 (permalink)
dirtydistance

Thanks, you're doing a great job buddy. Always been helpful on here and when I do business with you over the phone like earlier today. Which I forgot to ask you. In regards to my previous question, the Sp Authentic rookie authentics patch/autos, would they be standard or oversized. Might hold off on sending them in with this batch as I'm gonna try and rush to get one packaged to beat June 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
That is a great question, and I'm actually working on a document for our website that will hopefully clarify exactly what counts as "normal" and what is "special sized". The trick is that I want people to be able to print out the doc and compare their cards to some handy silhouettes, so I've got to design it in a format that will print images the same size no matter what web browser or print software people use (which rules out a .pdf or .doc format). If anyone has more document creation experience than me (very likely), my ears are open.

Here's the official size info, text version.

LENGTH and HEIGHT - Your card is considered normal sized if it falls into one of these two categories:
If it is no more than 3.5 inches wide x 3.5 inches tall
OR
If it is no more than 2.6 inches wide x 5.25 inches tall

THICKNESS
Regardless of dimensions, your card is considered 'Special Sized' if it is more than 130pt in thickness - about 1/10th of an inch.

That means tall basketball cards, vintage cards, and many of the oversize a&g cards can all be processed as normal sized. Bat barrel / helmet cards, folding Triple Threads cards, and the like are too thick.

WHY? (don't feel like you have to read this if you're not interested)
Our business does well because we have found clever ways to do things very quickly with consistent quality. Any time we charge extra it is because a certain situation has made it harder for us to do one of those two things. In this case, scanning thicker cards takes a different process than regular ones - it's slower and harder to do well. We don't want to be jerks about it, of course, which is why we picked the cutoff at 130pt instead of 50pt. I hope to get the official document on the website soon.

Okay, so that was probably more explanation than anybody really needed. But there you go. COMC: boldly boring our fanbase where no company has bored before.

Cheers.

-J