View Single Post
Old 11-02-2007, 06:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
brentandbecca

Default 6 case topps updates/highlights break...

First let me whine for a moment...
Every time I bust 5-25 cases of a product, I never have hit the big pulls, then I see some guy open 1 pack/1 box, or even a few, and BAM! Sheer odds over the past 7 years (I have busted nearly 1,800 cases past 7 years), you think some nice 1/1, cut autos, etc...

Now, I do not want to be greedy, since if they are not high-end I turn profits, especially Topps brands...and it's not that I want to make more than $5k on 8 cases of A&G...I am not asking for more return, BUT would like to see odds play out...it's as if the good cases get shipped to certain places in hobby stores...

Saying this...I see guys on beckett opening one box and hitting...
MANTLE BAT /7, 1/1 AUTOS OF GENERATION NOW, ELLISBURY CARDS, JOBA REVERSE NEG, etc etc...

6 jumbo cases, nada...I will make VERY good on these cases, in fact the last case yielded my only 2 good autos, REAL GOOD!!! PUJOLS & HOWARD...
Plus, we hit 6 1/1 printing plates last 3 cases, 0 the first 3, but they were 1 per case odds...

anyways, it's a great product, and i hope to bust more
i just continue to laugh when i bust so much, and don't hit a big or rare card, OR I hit the 1:10,000 pack card and it's MATT HOLLIDAY & ALEX RIOS DUAL JERSEY #/25...sells for $20...

I LOVE THIS HOBBY, AND BUSINESS, AND IT WEREN'T FOR TOPPS, WE'D ALL BE OUT ON THE STREETS, LOL

even with ebay fees, ebay buyers, paypal buyer complaints, lost shipping, damaged cards, higher postage, the time it all takes...it is still fun, BUT not every week, this year I do products (topps only) about every 2 months, and it's been great, even though NOVEMBER is jammed packed, and I have to bust close to 40 cases...LET THE RIPPING BEGIN!!!
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbre...QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0
brentandbecca is offline   Reply With Quote