View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 10:57 PM   #51 (permalink)
Nicnac

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks129 View Post
The Sketch card was missing but they were nice enough to send one out and let me pick which one I wanted (I picked Edward "Babe" Heffron, he was in 7-8 of the HBO Band of Brothers episodes.) Will post sketch once I receive.
Awesome. I look forward to seeing the sketch. For once, I don't have to do research on the person depicted. "Just watch the mini-series".

Quote:
The autographs are nice but again the cards are a little scuffed on the edges, is this normal?
It is 'normal'. Consider that most of these gentlemen are/were in their 80's and 90's when they signed these. Personally, I don't think the condition of the cards is bad at all.

Quote:
Also I did not win the instant win cards, has anyone actually won anything or is this a scam of some kind?
It's definitely not a scam since there have been winners. There are supposedly 100 bits and pieces of memorabilia total to give out. Still, in my opinion, the odds seem TOO tough. For reference, I have redeemed at least 24 of these cards (I lost count) and no dice. On a side note, what do your instant win card codes start with? I have USA, VET, and LWF.

Quote:
Basically I hope the sketch makes up for the shortcomings and I might be willing to sell some of the auto's if anyone is interested.
You should get some offers here

Last edited by Nicnac; 07-31-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote