View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
FattyMcGee

Honestly, H&P is one of those products that has a solid fan base that will always be there and as someone mentioned, that fan base is not in the U.S. It's akin to soccer cards; no one who isn't into soccer will pick up a set dedicated to soccer prospects.

On a side note, I honestly believe that if ITG made the regular and non-auto/memorabilia cards in the set out-of-the-pack autograph friendly (ie: you could open a pack and hand the card to a player to get it signed with a sharpie without having to worry about the signature smudging, smearing, beading, etc.) the sales would definitely increase.

I know for myself I LOVE getting minor league/junior stuff signed by players, but I HATE having to rub all those cards, etc. Why? No mater what team that player gets drafted/traded to, you don't have to worry about the uniform being out of date. Also, if there was a set I could just buy, sort and then throw into envelopes to get signed by minor league players, that would be awesome. Just something to think about.
FattyMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote