Buy/Sell/Trade aka B/S/T Rules and Guidelines
(For auctions: Auction Rules (please read before participating)
Be careful when doing any transaction online!
Blowout Cards is not responsible for any transactions. However, we have these rules in place to help protect our members whether they are buying, selling or trading. Use caution and Report any suspicious activity to us right away!
Check Buyer/Seller feedback.
We have the iTrader feature so that you can view a member's b/s/t history here on our forums. Also, if the user has their eBay ID posted, please check their feedback there as well (be sure to verify that the username since the member can edit this field).
Use Tracking or Delivery Confirmation.
When sending items to another member, please use tracking or delivery confirmation so that there is some proof of delivery (if you know a member very well or if the card is not worth very much, you can ship w/o tracking at your own risk).
Use Paypal to protect yourself (Sending payment as a gift is the same as sending cash or a money order!).
Paypal is convenient and safe for buyers, especially if you are buying from someone new or with someone you don't know.
Asking for Paypal Gift payments is NOT allowed.
Please be aware that if you send payment as a GIFT, you will NOT be able to file a claim if there is a problem with the shipment. Sending payment as a gift is the same as sending cash or a money order! We do not recommend sending Paypal payments as a gift.
Include a price for each item in the first post of your thread (Buying or Selling).
If you're buying or selling, please POST A PRICE! Failure to do so will result in the thread being deleted. Prices must be posted for every item that is for sale; if you are selling a lot, only a lot price is necessary but if you start to sell individual items, then individual prices are required. Pictures are always helpful too. We want to avoid situations where things are misleading or not clear...we want all B/S/T threads to be as clear and concise as possible. Outrageous and unreasonable prices may result in your thread being deleted; it is the same as not posting a price at all. If you want to run an auction, please list on eBay.
No Auction type threads
- This includes threads that ask for the best card for a certain amount of money (ie. I want the best card/lot for $$XX threads
). If you've got some money and are looking for something specific, make sure your title and description reflect exactly what you want (teams/players).
- If everything is priced out, these threads can be posted in the normal B/S/T area. However, most are posted without pricing and since this is a very popular way to trade, we will allow these to be posted, but only in the Spam Section (Spam your eBay & COMC listings here! (Photobucket, Sportslots, Sportsbuy, etc.) - Blowout Cards Forums
Post a Clear and Informative Subject
- Try and use the following format so that your thread title is more informative; this way someone will know by reading your title/subject if they are interested and don't have to waste time checking every thread that says "L@@K HERE! Wow!" Start your post with the following codes in the Title to verify what your B/S/T thread is about. If it is something general and the codes don't apply, just be sure to enter a good description in the subject and in your post whether it be for singles, parallels, inserts, or sets.
FS: For Sale
WTB: Want to Buy
FT: For Trade Only
Examples of a good titles:
FS: 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle Rookie Card. Excellent condition.
WTB: 1986 Fleer Michael Jordan Rookie Card graded PSA 9 or better.
Keep your thread updated.
If your item sells, go back and edit your first post with ** SOLD ** at the top. This way people don't waste time viewing it if it's not available anymore. If it's a want list, update the first post instead of posting updated lists...this way others won't have to read the entire thread and start a spreadsheet to figure out which cards you still need.
Items for sale or trade must be in your possession.
Selling items that are incoming or not in your possession is NOT allowed.
Keep the clutter to a minimum.
If you have multiple items for sale, try to keep it to a minimum of threads. Excessive threads will be deleted or merged.
Duplicate threads not allowed.
Do not post the same item more than once or in more than one place. Excessive threads will be deleted or merged.
No wax transactions please.
This includes selling and trading of packs, boxes, and cases.
No supply transactions.
Any supplies sold by Blowout should not be sold on the forum. This includes toploaders, magnetics, boxes, etc.
No Blowout Gift Certificate or Gift code sales.
Please no selling of Blowout Cards gift certificates and/or credit.
No COMMERCIAL posting allowed.
- The B/S/T Forums are for Blowout Cards members and collectors to trade and sell among each other. All commercial posts will be deleted.
New User Restriction
- To protect our members from quick buck scammers, we may ask new users who are selling to post some sort of reference such as eBay feedback.
No Raffles, Grab Bags, etc.
- No Raffles or any other similar postings. Only straight up buying, selling, trading. The more detail you post about what your looking for, the quicker your likely to get a response you need. IE I've got 20 Paypal and looking for 2008 Topps Chrome Copper Refractors for my set. Do not post you've got Paypal and looking for a "lot" (or autos, or jerseys)...be as specific as possible and the thread will likely not be deleted.
- Please do not bump your threads excessively. DO NOT bump your thread to the top unless it has been idle for more than 24 hours. Violations will result in deletion of the offending thread. A Bump
is considered to be any post by the thread author for the intention of raising the thread to the top of the list. Recent examples of bumps: "pms replied to", "prices lowered", :"XXX card sold", "pics added". If there is interest, your post will be read...remember to post a subject that is clear and informative and not just "LOOK HERE! WOW!". Want more information on this. Check out the Avoiding Thread Bumping Thread
Please Also See Other Rules:
- Violators will be warned the first time or two,
then given a 1 day suspension for the next offense
and it will be stepped above that (3 day, 7 day, 7day plus moderated posts).
General Forum Rules
Group Case Break Rules
Why was my thread deleted?