View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #121 (permalink)
Andrew Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanehw View Post
I am still a little confused how this is done. Is it done by where they fall when opened?
The host can correct me if I'm wrong, but essentially all non-base cards are considered to be hits. Most boxes have 8 non-base cards so that's 8 hits per box. Slot #1 will get the first non-base card in box #1. Based on the breaks I've seen, the first non-base card in each box is typically a vet/retired player/HOFer base patch parallel, the second through fourth non-base cards are jerseys and patches, the fifth through seventh non-base cards are autos (some with jerseys or patches, some just autos), and the eighth card tends to be the biggie (RPA, star/HOF patch auto, star/HOF jersey auto, etc.). Thus, slots 1, 9, 17, and 25 are likely to yield a vet/retired player/HOFer base patch parallel, slots 2-4, 10-12, 18-20, and 26-28 are likely to yield a jersey or patch card, slots 5-7, 13-15, 21-23, and 29-31 are likely to yield an auto (and perhaps a jersey auto or patch auto), slots 8, 16, 24, and 32 are likely to yield the big hit in the box, and slot #33 would get all the base.

That being said, the booklets are not always the last non-base card in the box so other slots in the break could get a huge hit. Also, if there is an extra hit in any of the boxes, that could change the above. For example, if box #1 has 9 hits and all the rest have 8, slot #9 would get the biggie from the first box and slot #17 would get the biggie from the second box, slot #25 would get the biggie from the third box, and the biggie from the fourth box would be randomed off amongst all the slot holders, at least I think that's what the host stated.

Hopefully all of this made some sense and you are less confused now. Also, I hope it is all accurate. If not, I hope fish simply corrects me as opposed to banning me!
Andrew Jones is online now   Reply With Quote