View Single Post
Old 05-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #1339 (permalink)
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrastar View Post
What if in my ad I give them my e-mail and tell them to e-mail me to claim their prize. In order to prevent people who are not the winner from attempting to claim it I would make the winner an offer on one their own cards. The winner would need to tell me the exact amount of my offer.
It's a very creative idea, but the issue there is personal contact info. Since COMC is one of the few sites that doesn't make you affirm that you are over 18, we're not allowed to have any personal info in the ads (including real name, email, facebook information, etc.). It does restrict original ideas like yours, which we regret, but we've decided that making our site available to young people is worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
Regardless, im sure they are organized very well. It reminds me of my LCS who prices everything high because of the time to find cards so no one buys from him. I think that the starter shipping price is a little much and maybe doing 10 cents a card would be easier, maybe 15. And don't forget, they don't ship next day all the time.
Hi, nuccionino. We've experimented with a lot of different shipping rates since we began five years ago. The price point we're at now is one we've found to be sustainable and hopefully not to terrible for the service we offer. Since we don't own the merch ourselves, we can't really mark it up in price to counterbalance an artificially discounted shipping rate. It costs us about $0.20 a card to ship any item out, so that's what we charge.

Thanks!
Jeremy
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote