View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 11:32 AM   #5 (permalink)

Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
so when will we see the sell sheet for this ? or will it be called donruss basketball ?

we keep seeing sheets for upper deck and topps ? i thought they couldnt make basketball cards anymore ?

The licensing year for the NBA changes sometime later this summer (late August or early September I think). Until then, its still under the 2008-09 agreement where Topps and Upper Deck can release products and Panini can't. Once the that date is passed, then Upper Deck and Topps can no longer produce the cards. I think Topps and Upper Deck would have to get NBA players association license to even make cards of current players without team logos on them (like ITG for hockey). Since I haven't heard of that happening, and the NBA really has no marketable minor leagues (like the unlicensed baseball stuff) I would imagine Topps and Upper Deck aren't making any plans for any fall/winter releases. Although I'm sure Upper Deck will still sell the hell out of LeBron, Jordan, and Kobe memorabilia.
Domestic orders over 50 cards ship ABSOLUTELY FREE with me, copy and paste this URL:
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote