View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 12:09 AM   #186 (permalink)
Falcons_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthomas View Post
Don't get me wrong, I to think communication is key but this a HOBBY for me. My Wife, Child & Work all come before my hobby. So NO, I'm not going to check this everyday. I haven't been on blowout this whole month of May up until tonight, but i did make a commitment , and thats why i have it set on my phone to remind me that payment is due on the 15th. But when i go to pay i see that i'm not in the group anymore b/c i didn't responed or pay by a certain time b/c the case would be in on Wednesday.

I just don't like the fact that when this group was created the rules were created also and we never stated that we had to pay by a certain time on the 15th no matter if the case/boxes were in hand our not. That's why we all agreed on a deadline of the 15th of every month. I can recall other months that we gave people to the end of the day on the 15th no matter if there was communication or not.

I would love to still be in the group but only if the rules stay the same that we agreed on and not altered b/c we have the case early.
I think we all can understand where you are coming from and that you don't get on very often to check things, because of other priorities, but I also think communication needs to be a two way street. The reason we wanted to get the case as soon as possible and bust it is because Lexus has to go out of town on Friday and will not be here for the weekend.

It sounds like he tried to PM you several different times, and I don't know how your account is setup, but when I get a PM, I get an email that I can check and at least see what the message was without having to get on Blowout. If you could have just responded back to one of those messages to let him know when you planned on paying this issue could have been avoided.

He may have changed things up a little bit from the previous months, by not waiting until the end of the day on the 15th, but there was a valid reason and he did try to contact you. Lexus is trying his best to adhere to the rules we setup from the beginning, while also trying to keep everyone in the group happy and that is tough. I think we all just need to be a little better with communicating to try to avoid any confusion in the future.