View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
aggie4ever

Default Clone Wars Rise of the Bounty Hunters cases #8 & #9 - the highs and lows of ROTBH

After my amazing last case (with the Katie Cook and Kezele sketches), I had to get a couple of more cases while BO had them on sale. The results show how different cases of this product can be. Some cases have multiple big hits and lots of color, then you can get a case that has all 1 color sketches and missing hits. Oh well, still a fan of these cases at $200/case, and at least I didn't get any damaged sketches this time around.

Case #8

Cad Bane by Robert Hendrickson / ??? by Monte Moore / Ahsoka Tano by Robert Teranishi

animator sketch redemption / ??? by Zack Giallongo / Obi-Wan Kenobi by Chris Henderson

Darth Sideous by Gabe Farber / Clone Trooper by John McCrea / Anakin Skywalker by Jim Kyle

gold parallels: 9, 12, 19, 24, 37, 46, 55, 61, 68, 87

Case #9

Ahsoka Tano by Robert Teranishi / ??? puzzle by Steve Oatney / zombie dude by Jeremy Treece

Anakin Skywalker by Adrien Rivera / Riyo Chuchi by Lord Mesa / Luminara Unduli by Stephanie Yue / Obi-Wan Kenobi by Jerry Gaylord

gold parallels: 4, 5, 17, 34, 38, 62, 63, 82, 83, 86, 88

So 1 box was missing a sketch, and no color, but at least most of the sketches were decent (no multiple Jason Hughes, or sketches that looked like they took only 5 seconds to draw). But it's crazy how the first case has 5 sketches that are better than anything in the second case (not to mention it had an extra hit). It's cool to get another Jim Kyle sketch, since he did only 40 for this set and they are all very nice. I was really excited when I saw the back of the Gabe Farber sketch, but was a little dissapointed when I turned it over. Looks like it was one of only a handful of pencil sketches that he didn't ink, looks like that makes a big difference, since I love most of his sketches.

Btw, for you conspiracy theorists who think that some case numbers are more loaded than others, both of these cases had the same number stamped on the outside. After how good the first case was, I was convinced that the second would also be loaded...
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote