View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 12:20 AM   #132 (permalink)
gamboooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verufian View Post
And to add to this...

Michigan Legislature - Section 750.356

750.356 Larceny; property; penalties; total value of property stolen; enhanced sentence; prior convictions; "nonferrous metal" defined.
Sec. 356.

(1) A person who commits larceny by stealing any of the following property of another person is guilty of a crime as provided in this section:

(a) Money, goods, or chattels.

(5) If the property stolen has a value of less than $200.00, the person is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for not more than 93 days or a fine of not more than $500.00 or 3 times the value of the property stolen, whichever is greater, or both imprisonment and a fine.

They became Paul's goods once you received payment.

Again, I have no dog in this fight, but playing innocent is getting old. You keep saying he was just trying to flip them to get more money, but that's exactly what you are doing, but in a totally backwards type of way.
Probably not larceny as Paul never had possession of the goods. But he definitely was owed delivery. Seems more like conversion than theft or larceny. Not my strongest area, though.