View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 07:43 PM   #18 (permalink)
zonacats8

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
Again not following you. Each of us is giving an entry of $25 SV card that is worth that to join the league. Say for example my entry card is an Demaryius Thomas Auto (Denver WR). Today that could be sold for $25 but say he goes on to have a great season and that same card in December is worth $50, which is certainly possible. On the other hand say Thomas goes and blows out an ACL in preseason and by December that same card could be bought for $5. That's possible as well. Either scenario doesn't change the fact that in June that card was selling for $25 and was worth the price of admission. If the winner has terrible luck his prize will be a bunch of $5 cards at the end. The winner is out nothing. If on the other hand the winner has great luck he could end up with a bunch of $50 cards for winning. It could go either way. That's the luck of the draw.

And I think that adds an element of surprise to the game and will keep people interested in this throughout the year. The better the prize, the more participation. The value of the prize will fluctuate but that to me sounds interesting not a turn off. And Im not getting wondering why you think we are gambling on cards being worth the same at the end. Who cares? We are all taking the same risk/reward
I fully understand that, my point is why would you go through the whole season of keeping up with your team, making changes, and trying to win if you don't know what you're winning value wise, which is why cash is just easy, you know you put in $X and you know you have a chance to win $X $Y $Z
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote