View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #64 (permalink)
tolrobb

Quote:
Originally Posted by addicted36 View Post
Awesome thank you for posting the rules. Lets try and tackle them in sections where everyone has some time to answer. Please post your thoughts on this...

Draft Time: Sun Aug 26 12:00pm EDT
Live Draft Pick Time: 1 Minute, 30 Seconds
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: No maximum
Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: November 16, 2012
Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
Trade Review: Commissioner
Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: Weekly rolling list based on standings
Weekly Waivers Sunday - Tuesday
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Playoffs: Week 14, 15 and 16 (6 teams)
Playoff Reseeding: No
Divisions: Yes (3 divisions)
Playoff Seeding Options: Division winners awarded top playoff seeds
Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Fractional Points: Yes
Negative Points: Yes
Make League Publicly Viewable: Yes

Draft Time: Sun Aug 26 12:00pm EDT - Sunday works for me anytime. During the week will not work at all. My work blocks this. Time is not that important, but Day of the Week is vital.

Live Draft Pick Time: 1 Minute, 30 Seconds - Seems long to me but this is fine

Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports - I agree, can we get rid of this?

Trade Reject Time: 2 - Very nervous about rejecting trades. To the point I say if a trade is rejected we seek outside help with it. This could kill our league if someone dumps his players in hopes to get some cards in loopsided trades. If a trade is questionable we use the forum as a place for the traders to discuss why they want to do the trade from both sides

Trade End Date: November 16, 2012 - Can we extend this?

Allow Draft Pick Trades: No - Why not?

Waiver Time: 2 days - Does this mean the WW is only open 2 days a week?

Waiver Type: Weekly rolling list based on standings - Agree but have a better suggestion. Can we lock the Waivers during the games and open them from Tuesday to Sunday before games? That way everyone has the chance to watch the games and not just grab players from those who might need them and worst really has top priority? Like we all send our claims to the Commissioner and he does the WW changes on Tuesday based on top picks.

Weekly Waivers Sunday - Tuesday - See above

Playoffs: Week 14, 15 and 16 (6 teams) - Cool have of the league makes the playoffs
The weekend is definitely best as that is when most people will be available. It can be moved to a Saturday or maybe later in the afternoon at a later date. Everyone should pre-rank their players anyways, but the draft is always most fun when everyone is there.

The "cant-cut" list is relatively small from my experience. It's mostly to keep someone from getting angry with their poor performing team and dumping players they shouldn't. Only guys like Cam Newton, Aaron Rodgers, Calvin Johnson, etc. end up being on the list. Guys like Dwayne Bowe, Greg Jennings, Michael Turner, etc. won't be on it. We can get rid of it though, just wanted to explain it more thoroughly.

I put Commissioner review as far as trades go. Only those trades that are deemed lopsided by the league majority (5 or more not including the traders of course) should be rejected IMO. Nobody likes an overbearing commissioner so every trade will go to the people.

The Waiver time means that people have 2 days in which to put a waiver claim on a dropped player. Once the 2 days are up, the player is made a free agent and anyone can grab him regardless of waiver position.

You are actually already correct on how the waivers will work. Rosters lock on Sunday once the games start (if there is a game on Thursday, only those players playing on that day are locked) and unlock for waivers on Wednesday morning. This is all done automatically. Wednesday morning the waivers process in order of standings starting from the bottom and all players not claimed are free agents.