View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 07:27 PM   #23 (permalink)
Zoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajshack View Post
Watch Hogan's matches from New Japan in the late 80s/early 90s. I know it's cool to hate on Hogan, but to say he can't wrestle is a bit of a stretch.

To answer the previous poster's question, in terms of monetary value I'd rank them:
1. Hogan
2. Flair
3. Bret Hart
4. Jake Roberts
5. Bruno Sammartino

I could easily see Roberts being #2 or 3 on this list. He was very popular. Sheik, Abdullah, Piper, Hall, and Nash should also do well. As a matter of fact, if this is the actual checklist it is pretty strong. There is not one name on there that I would turn down.
Hogan could put on a show with his natural charisma, the lore of his character, and the level of the worker in the ring with him. Put him in there with a guy of his stature (Warrior, for example) and it will make you hate pro wrestling.

I'd argue Hall would be up there. It's terrible to say but I will because we're all thinking it: the time for getting his auto may be coming to a close sooner rather than later.