View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
marinocollector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenneFan007 View Post
I think saying he sucks or even is terrible is going a little far to be honest. Zero development in four years? He never had a complete season of starting. However, try having development in a place where they already question everything you do reguardless of the position you play and constantly make you question your own playing ability by switching players around like musical chairs. Miami is a zoo and the owners have always cared more about who is in the seats rather having a winning football team. It seems you're a Dolphins fan so you would have to have seen how many times Henne took us down the field and they would pull him out, run 2 wildcat plays for a total of 3 yards if lucky, then send Henne in on 3rd and long to convert. As for the leadership I'm a bit lost. Long and Henne both were the ones who orchestrated the off season workouts during the lockout. May not be enough to say he is the greatest leader in the world but it is enough to say he tries. Henne played like a beast the four games he started this year and the defense never showed to back him up. We wouldn't even have Garrard or Moore to talk about starting if Henne never got hurt. From those 3 1/2 gameshe played it look as if he was gonna have the projected breakout season.

Also as I am a Henne fan I see you must be a Marino fan but in my experience those who are head over heels about Marino will never understand that you can't expect every QB who walks into Miami to become the next Dan. Any QB who get's looked at that way will always be terrible...
They gave the reigns to Chad Henne in 2009, he did decent. For someone airing the ball 30+ times a game, he was not efficient nor was he smart with his throws or how he threw the ball. At no times, when he was QB did I think to myself, "Thank goodness! We have someone under center!" I'd take Pennington over Henne. I'd take Matt Moore over Henne as well. He didn't play with fire. Plain and simple. Without a sense of urgency on offense, the team moves lackadaisically from drive to drive. I do think the offense faltered because of 2009's wonder pick, Pat "Drive Killer" White, but Henne didn't improve in 2010.
Henne's lack of progress even showed in college. He never did better than his freshman year, maybe his junior year... but he was injured his senior year. That shows signs of being injury prone from the get go. I can't have my franchise being led by a QB who gets hurt every year (another reason I pick Moore over Garrard).
My dislike of Henne started in college and never swayed far from that feeling even as a Fin. 2009 was frustrating because the staff kept trying to justify the White pick, when they should have gave up. But 2010, they more than gave the reigns to Henne and the offense did not respond to him.
1) 13 UD Nationals Infinite
marinocollector is offline   Reply With Quote