View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #2079 (permalink)
cdub6238

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Absolutely man. If it weren't for MITB 2011 which, let's face it, was a stellar ppv (probably the best in the past 3 years) Destination X would be the best PPV in the past two years. Phenomenal show, capped off by an AMAZING match between A dub and Canada's own Robert Roode.

They are picking up their quality. They won't acquire numbers remotely close to WWE's numbers (they need much better marketing and need to acquire a global audience) solely off of this but they will get better numbers in time. I much prefer TNA right now to the WWE storyline wise.

I hate hearing what you're saying, however. That they are catching up to the WWE. They aren't even close. They'll never get there at this pace, they need an owner (like Ted Turner with WCW) who'll fund them and get then on a national stage, a network that reaches numerous demographics, and they need to stop shooting all of their shows from that pathetic excuse for a wrestling crowd known as the "Impact Zone".

I dont necc agree with the marketing.

I dont think its that, as theyve advertised all over TV/Spike etc...i think its just the channel they are on. Not sure many people are even aware of Spike as a tv channel..so it really doesnt matter how much advertising/marketing they do.

It really says something that despite Impacts 1.0 ratings every week...that its still the highest rated program on that channel every week.

As far as "taing" at the IZ...i think they took a good step in going live. But i also think they are still going on the road various times. They just dont have the budget to travel every week like WWE does.

Its also a VERY good sign..that Hogan is actually letting the younger stars shine and not hogging the spotlight like he has done since arriving. First step was cutting Bischoff off TV, and now Hogan is following suit (unless needed to advance storylines)
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote