View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #2084 (permalink)
cdub6238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoop View Post
I read every week's recap when I don't watch it. It's easier to do that than sit through it. You're absolutely right in that I don't like TNA, but I'll be damned if I don't want them to succeed. Vince needs competition. They had a good angle with Roode and Storm, better than anything the WWE has come up with in the past eight months. Why was it good? They allowed it to simmer... Well, until Aries won the title from out of nowhere after bitching about wanting a push and rallying the Internet.

I watch ROH because I love wrestling, not soap operas with bodybuilders. I love the idiots who claim ROH "barely has a roster left" as if it's a fault of the company. Look at the world class athletes they've continued to produce for ten years. What, they stopped making them once Bryan, Punk, and Aries left? Is this a "every generation thinks theirs will be the last" nonsense? There will continue to be great wrestlers LONG after we are dead and rotting, pal. It's not as though they randomly stopped making them with Bryan, Punk, Aries, Joe, Claudio, Nigel, etc... Good wrestlers *GASP* still exist, and most of them are in ROH RIGHT NOW.

I'd rather watch guys like Kenny King, El Generico, Kevin Steen, Jay Lethal and Davey Richards over Ezekiel Jackson, Ryback, and the husks of yesteryear like RVD (loved him in 1996, not so much now... he's lost more than a step), Sting, and the ever-green Bischoff kid. But I guess none of those guys will be big names until they sign with WWE/TNA, huh? See the problem in that logic? "Well, they're all crappy until they sign with the company I like."
i guess we are just going to go round and round...

You are right..Roode/Storm feud was building and it built up to the rematch 5 months in the making...and Storm lost through no fault of his own....which led to the storyline of him contemplating retirement, only to come back and is now in the top in points of the BFG series for a title match.

As far as the Roode/Storm "feud"...it was effectively over after his rematch that he lost. He didnt win the title, but he effectively kicked Roode's ass all over and left him a bloody mess after kicking him out of the cage.

As far as continuing that...why would u want to build back up to that only for the inevitable Storm win that you could easily see coming a mile away. This way, if Storm wins the BFS..Roode might not be his opponent for the title....and he could win/lose still be credible. However, if Roode was his opponent for the title, and he lost....how could Storm EVER be taken seriously as a championship contender again after 3 losses? And if he did beat Roode..as i said, itdjust be well duh we all knew he was gonna win anyways...so wouldnt that be a lose/lose situation??

I still dont see where you are getting AA "bitching" about getting a push....he won the X Division title in September, and has beaten everyone in that division over and over and over again....what else was left for him to do? As far as him using the internet to "bitch:...do u have any proof of this..or just going off twitter or other social network that is used by ALL WRESTLING PERSONALITIES to stay in and further character?

As far as ROH, ill try to keep it brief.

I watch it usually every week, as im at work and there is nothing on at the time- which to me is pretty bad. How can that be the only time slot they could find ad only channels to get to air them? thats not going to do much for their expsoure on a national stage.

And i wasnt knocking the talent they have...i said they simply have alack of talent- as you pointed out since so many people have left. When you have to resort to bringing in semi-retired wrestlers like Lance Storm, Fit Finlay...or hardly used in years Rhino or the Headbangers....to work storylines, that screams lack of talent.

I do like Lethal...but forgive me if im wrong, wasn the in TNA first?
I also like Dem Boys, WGTT, Jimmy Jacobs..and i think Elgin has a lot of talent as well.

On the flip side, Adam Cole..Eddie Edwards...Davey Richards...might be able to wrestle a bit, but have the personality of a cracker.

You said it was sad Kenny King went to a crap TNA...and what i said was to point out how his decision was crap? More $$$..more TV time...more mainstream promotion...yeah seems like a stupid decision to me

i love how you have now used the SAME exact arguments now in both posts..and completely ignored any of my "evidence/opinion"

Last edited by cdub6238; 07-12-2012 at 06:52 PM.
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote