View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #213 (permalink)
Zerokruel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip+flip View Post
Hey guys remember in my post earlier in this thread that I was afraid the sketches wouldn't sell very well. I also said I was afraid that the product might be a flop which it is still to early to tell but I know that nothing from it is selling very well from what I can tell. Look at the prices on the sketch cards that are about to end tonight. Not very good. Look at the prices on printing plates. Not very good. Look at the prices on golds and other inserts. Not too good. Like I said may still be to early to tell but the resale isn't looking to good on this product. There have only been 2 sketch cards sell well and that is a dastick and a high end proctor. Compare the sketch cards from this product and the sketch cards from galaxy 7 for example. For the same artists same style the prices are much higher for galaxy 7. I just don't think that there is enough interest in sketch cards from mars attacks for them to sell well. Again I am kind of a newbie about non sports cards and the market for them so I could be totally wrong. Compare the gold parallel prices to the golds from GPK.
I'll give you my opinion on the Golds real quick - I'm not too worried because I didn't break this just for sketches and plates.

People listed Golds right where they should have been listed - however buyers came out and gave low offers right out the gate (nothing wrong with that) - and the sellers accepted them INSTANTLY! You had cards listed at $99.99 going for $34.99-40 in a matter of 5-12 hours. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why sellers weren't countering or waiting closer to the 48 hour mark to see what other offers might come in.

By selling the Golds so low, the Silvers were sunk right along with it. I didn't think this set would be a GPK/WPK - but I think it has more in it.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote