View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
TDiddy532

Default Trading Vintage Yankees Yearbooks & World Series Programs for Cards

So the condo my parents are moving into does not have the storage space of my childhood home, so I just inherited my dad's box of MLB signed baseballs and vintage Yankees memorabilia.

He wants me to keep the gems (Nobody is getting our Mickey Mantle Ball) and trade/sell the rest.

Anybody interested in trading cards for any of following? I won't take the time to scan them unless there is interest, shoot me a pm if you want to see any of the following:

- 1956 Yankees/Dodgers World Series Program (Very Nice Condition)
- 1949 New York Yankees Program & Scorecard (GORGEOUS condition, except for one page that has a 2"x2" photo that was cut out - scorecard clear - not entered)
- 1951 New York Yankees Program & Scorecard (Good condition, cover has small tear and came off binding - scorecard clear - not entered)
- 1974 MLB All-Star Game unpunched ballot (Mint Condition)
- 1968 & 1970 Yankees Programs (Yearbooks?) - covers missing, fair condition
- 1951 Yankees "Sketch Book" (good condition - fantastic black and white photo's inside)
- 1964 Yankees/Cardinals World Series Program (3" rip on top right corner of cover)
- 1947 Yankees/Dodgers World Series Program (missing cover)
- 1951 Yankees/Giants World Series Program (missing cover)
**First appearances of Willie Mays and Mickey Mantle! Gorgeous photos inside, really spectacular)
- 1977 Yankees/Whitesox Gameday Program (no cover)
- 2 copies (one in fair condition, one in poor condition) of the 1951 "Thrilling Story of Joe Dimaggio" book by Gene Schoor. Contains 100 pictures and one dozen pinups
- 1975 Yankees/Twins Gameday Program (no cover)

The 51 World Series program is spectacular to read through. Willie Mays, the greatest CF of all time, is referred to as a "sensational young negro" and the headshot of 19 year old Mickey Mantle is incredible. I'll gladly scan anything you want to see as long as you are seriously interested in working something out. Shoot me a pm

Also have Official MLB baseballs signed at card shows by the following (No COA's, but I have pictures with each legend who signed these - all card show signings with my father)

Harmon Killebrew

Moose Skowron

Frank Robinson

Duke Snider

Frank Howard

David Cone

"Old Reliable" Tommy Henrich

Don Larsen (With Perfect Game Date Inscription)

And his batterymate that day...YOGI BERRA

Jim Perry "1970 Cy Young" Inscription Ball
Minnesota Twins Hall of Fame, and brother of Gaylord Perry

Brett Wallace
Houston Astro's Clean Up Hitter

Manny Mota
Longest Tenured Coach in Dodgers History
2x World Champion

And this one just to show off...

Mickey Mantle (w/ COA - NOT FOR TRADE)

Shoot me a PM if you see anything you like, I can provide scans of all of the programs and yearbooks upon request

--Teddy

--Teddy

Last edited by TDiddy532; 07-17-2012 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Balls added
TDiddy532 is offline   Reply With Quote