View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 01:12 AM   #2258 (permalink)
cardbooker

Comments in red below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
A couple of my problems with the show:

First off, the usage of Bret Hart, the best in-ring performer of all time, was absolutely awful. A special guest announcer, really? Nothing good came from it. None at all.

When is the last time you remember an Intercontinental championship match having a proper introduction? His brief intro helps build credibility for the title. Besides, Bret Hart is in no condition to wrestle anymore, so what more can be expected? I'll take the brief cameo over an absence any day of the week.

Secondly the usage of the Undertaker was poor as well. I figured WWE would use this to build up to his WrestleMania match. Instead he just got the standard legends treatment. He wasn't "The Deadman", he was just another returning legend.

It's a night of reunions (see DX). The Brothers of Destruction were one of the most dominant tag teams at the time, so it was nice to see them together again. Personally, I'm glad they're not building up an UT feud just yet. Wrestlemania is a long ways away, and it would be difficult to keep any angle going for that long (see Rock vs Cena).

Thirdly, no Steve Austin? The man shaped the attitude era. RAW might not have made it to 1000 had it not been for Stone Cold. HHH gets 35 minutes of airtime, yet Austin can't get a single appearance?

Agreed. I would have loved to see SCSA. However, I doubt that WWE held him off the show due to time contraint. Its more likely that SCSA was too busy with prior commitments to attend the show. Oh well, what can you do right?

Finally, and this is the biggie, this Tout crap NEEDS TO END. We're two weeks into the Tout obsession and I already hate it. I could live with twitter, I can bear YouTube, I can even handle facebook. But Tout needs to go. Period. And that 100 millionth social media user? What the hell was that?

No comment. I also don't care for social media.
It was not a good show for what was expected. As a regular RAW, or a PPV, it would've been very good. But this was supposed to be similar to WrestleMania. And compared to that, it was a dud.
I certainly did not expect Wrestlemania hype, but definitely more than a weekly show hype. If compared to a PPV, I'd say it delivered just fine.