View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #143 (permalink)
hoopster3977

Being one of the older members here, I do at times take exception to some of the posts/threads made by some of the younger members.

I will encourage for the hobby to include teenagers/young adults to be a part of this fantastic hobby. I get disappointed by some of the behavior and gang mentality though. I get really annoyed at the B/S//T board, with the lowball offers, people wanting an Ebay discount on fees, etc. I know what the value of my cards are, and please respect that opinion. But it happens all too frequently.

I've been selling on Ebay for over 10 years, I have a Powerseller and Highest Seller rating. I do treat buyers, sellers, and hobby collectors as I want to be treated.

In the years of selling, the worst transactions I have ever had are by teenagers that use their parents Ebay and PayPal accounts. Especially the buyers, they feel they have a hammer to either extort feedback by asking for refunds, or monitary adjustments to invoices. If mistakes are made, they use it to their full advantage instead of realizing a mistake has been made and will not work with me to make the transaction either successful or satisfactory for both parties. There is no compromise, which I hope they will learn with experience.

I am glad this came up for discussion, don't let the immature members ruin it for our other younger members that want to get established and gain respectability.
hoopster3977 is offline   Reply With Quote