View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #344 (permalink)
dd316

Quote:
Originally Posted by icancu202 View Post
If it's released in December...that would be a blessing. I'd be able to afford 2 cases then
The hard part will be finding them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
I just hope things don't go like A3 and A4 did last year that would be a disaster to have holes in this set as well.
With the auto lineup for Season 2 being what it is already, I don't think many people will mind the numbering. I certainly wouldn't call it a disaster. Does it suck for completists? Sure, but there's not a whole lot you can do when you're at the mercy of the celebrity with 1,000's of dealers and collectors breathing down your neck to release the cards.

This is why many companies won't number auto sets 1, 2, 3, etc. any more, because they can't guarantee they'll get all the autos back in time. So it's safer to name something WD-AL. If it ever goes un-inserted, nobody will ever know it was even supposed to exist.

Kudos to Cryptozoic for using conventional numbering - it shows they're doing all they can to complete the sets. It must have killed them to have to release Season 1 missing A3 and A4, but you get to a point where you can't delay the set any more.