Thread: NL CY YOUNG
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #167 (permalink)
Swingman

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculusdork View Post
Dude ... your homer is showing.

I never said Gonzalez can't bring down his ERA, not once. But where the numbers stand (i.e. if the season were to end today), he wouldn't stand a chance. He'd be lucky to finish 3rd, even though he's leading the league in wins.

You're the one who said if Gonzalez beats Dickey in the next matchup, he should win the award. I ... just don't know where to start with that. You're clearly valuing wins above all else, and if we're going to do that we should probably use WAR instead ... in which case, the award goes to Cueto.

Again ... I'm not saying Gio can't win. I just think he won't. He certainly wouldn't if the season ended today. And for some reason, you think he will pitch better than everyone else down the stretch based on his last two starts. I'd argue more for regression toward the mean.

Haha I am actually from Miami not a DC homer but have a biased opinion because I am related to GG.................

Any how I know chances of him winning are slim because he has some work to do but if Cueto and Dickey get blown up the next couple of games he can easily slide in there. I don't see Kershaw being much of a factor, also look at team wins and value, Nationals came out of no where and shocked everyone. Gio has definitely been a big part of that!