Thread: NL CY YOUNG
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 12:04 PM   #187 (permalink)
JohnAndrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
Kershaw is the only one out of the people you have named that hasn't been a bum their entire career before this year. Coaches and Pitchers do not vote for Cy Young but ask around guys like Josh Beckett, CC, Doc, Cliff Lee, etc etc Guys who have been around the block and they will tell you they don't think it is deserving of a one year fluke to win the Cy Young compared to someone who has done it in BOTH leagues. Dickey is 37, his career up to this point has been a failure. Gio is pitching behind the best team in all of baseball, Dickey is going out there stress free, his team has been out of it since June. Cueto has not had better stuff than Gio this year either. Cueto gives up his leades to Chapman who is nothing but shut down.. Check how many blown saves Brad Lidge gave up for Gio earlier in the season... He should have 20 wins easily at this point... I rest my case

If ERA is all that matters and SO and the rest don't why isn't anyone making a case for the 14-2, 4th ranked ERA Kyle Lohse?.............. Exactly
I don't want to tackle this whole post...all I ask is that you point me to any instance where Josh Beckett's opinion about anything has mattered. The culinary accolades of fried chicken does not count.

Also: no one has made a case for Lohse because, well, it doesn't seem like any of us WANT him to win. I could if I wanted to...8th in innings pitched, doesn't walk a lot of guys or put a lot of runners on, a nice ERA...it's just not a really strong resume. I expect he'll get some votes at the end of the year, perhaps even as much as Gio. He's clearly not in the upper tier though.