Thread: NL CY YOUNG
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #216 (permalink)
JohnAndrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingman View Post
Are you really that ignorant? I'm done arguing this, GO DICKEY, GO CUETO! GO all the bums that have never done a damn thing in their careers! Whoohoo
Here's the part you seem to have a little trouble grasping: voting for the 2012 NL Cy Young does not take 2010 and 2011 into account.

I am not disputing that Gio is a great pitcher. You're right, he has pitched well in both leagues. All I am suggesting is that there is evidence that shows that this year, Gio's success (wins) is partially due to exceptional run support. His WHIP and ERA, while quite good, are not quite at that elite level yet. I think we both agreed that this race can swing any which way in September -- we'll see what happens. Right now, I still think Cueto has had the best 2012 campaign in the National League and there is a lot of evidence to support that.

And please, enough with the race politics conspiracy theories. MLB would be foolish to downplay the accomplishments of the Latin players. Latin America is the future of the game. I do think it was very convenient that you specified the lack of National League Cy Young winners in recent years because since 2004, the American League has had 4 Latino winners (and that doesn't include Sabathia).