View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 03:10 AM   #2519 (permalink)
Zoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
and in further Lawler news...

it seems like it was WAAAAAYYYY more serious than originally thought. Heres a report from Bret harts brother, who had a friend in the backstage area:

Smith Hart, brother of WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart, says he was told by a friend backstage at Monday's Raw at Centre Bell in Montreal, Quebec, Canada that Jerry Lawler was "clinically dead" for twenty minutes before being revived by a defibrillator.

He wrote on Twitter, "According to my friend Jeremy Prophet who was backstage at RAW, Jerry was clinically dead for 20 min before being brought back by defibrilat."
Read more at Hart Family Member Says Jerry Lawler Was "Clinically Dead" For Twenty Minutes
I think Smith likes to stretch the truth a bit... I'm not a medical mark, but what are the odds they'd continue frying a guy to get him to wake up after twenty minutes? I believe he could have been dead and brought back, but twenty minutes seems a little unlikely.

As for the ROH discussion, I'd book it where Steen beats Lethal in October and eliminates him from action for a few months, that way Lethal can return hardened. Steen is a GREAT big wrestler; he is a bigger guy than me yet he does some cruiserweight moves in-ring, so I'm alright with him holding the title, but I am in your boat, I don't buy his character. Pretty impressed with Elgin's strength too. They parade Ryback around with his strength yet he's not even the most impressive guy in the WWE; Antonio Cesaro's dead lift float-over suplexes are a sight to behold.