View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #134 (permalink)
romad97

Although his name has been said already over and over it doesn't diminish the fact that he is truly the most deserving man not currently in the HOF. I know he is the easy choice to make here becouse of all the statistics that have already been mentioned. The ball player whom I am refering to is none other than Mr. Pete Rose. Its easy to state the fact that he is the all time hits leader as to why he should be in the HOF. Its easy to jump on the bandwagon and make a case for a man like Pete Rose as theres not much work that actually has to go into it, everyone has already done the work for your argument already. I believe Pete Rose deserves to be in the HOF not only for the already mentioned reasons, but also becouse he is the appitome of what the HOF actually should stand for. To me the HOF is a sacred place where only the truly elite should be enshrined. Over the years I believe that the HOF has gone from being a temple of baseball gods to that of merely baseball greats. I believe that only those who have achieved far reaching results that will expand the game to new heights should ever be enshrined. Guys like Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, and Mickey Mantle are baseball men who accomplished things that were so far ahead of their peers that they were elevated to god like status. Pete Rose needs to be allowed in to the HOF to bring back some of the glory in which the HOF was inteded to be. Pete Rose is currently the only ball player who can bring back some of the luster in which the HOF so desperatly lacks. Pete Rose doesn't need the HOF as badly as the HOF truly needs Pete Rose.
romad97 is offline   Reply With Quote