View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
bigzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL5 View Post
Wouldn't requiring a PayPal account in bidder requrements stop this? At least unless the guy is also creating a new PayPal account with each new eBay account...

I just accepted a second chance the other day, FWIW. If the price is what I was willing to pay anyway and it doesn't look shilled, I'll take it.
You can have as many ebay id's as you want connected to the same paypal account

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjd23 View Post
You would think that would help but I also have my settings set so nobody with less than 5 feedback can bid...but they always do. Second chance offers rarely get accepted. In my 6000+ sales on Ebay I can only think of once anyone ever accepted. Thanks for the post
There is no setting to block bidders with 5 or less feedback. You can only block those with -1 or less. Nor can you enforce someone to contact you before bidding if they don't have a set amount of feedback. They will still be able to snipe if they wanted.

I would call ebay and tell them what's going on. They should be able to look into it for you. I know it's different with auctions, but I once had a BIN hit and not payed for by a new id 3 different times. After the non paying bidder the third time I set it up as BIN only with immediate payment required...problem solved.
bigzig is online now   Reply With Quote