View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
monkeymcgee

Cool A Small Site Etiquette Suggestion

I know we all have our pet peeves. I'd love to get some feedback on this one.

My suggestion is we leave opinions on sellers and their asking prices out of FS threads, unless they are somehow devious, untrustworthy, or have scammed before.

Over and over again I see someone post a FS thread and then people reply talking about how terrible the prices, what a terrible seller this guy is, and other things that seem better suited for PMs or left off completely. If the guy is a scammer, then I have no problem with someone noting that in the thread.

I'm not talking about OBO threads and people making offers. I mean people berating a seller for asking too much without making an offer. Or for non-OBO threads, people offering their opinion on the values when that was not requested by the seller.

Everyone on here is capable of using eBay to check prices. Or BV, if they swing that way. Is there really any need to announce to the world that you disagree with the seller's prices? Especially, those posters who never seem to actually complete a transaction on the site?

If the seller can't move the cards, then they have the needed feedback that their prices may be too high.

It just seems like we could be a little less rude to the people who attempt to sell on here.

Your thoughts?

Last edited by monkeymcgee; 09-27-2012 at 05:28 PM.
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote