View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #27 (permalink)
cking

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Yeah, I mean it's one thing to see someone getting the full-on heavy pressure sales treatment to buy something for too much money and helping the person out, but I don't really see that going on here. It's more like, "here's my cards, here's my price, let's make a deal." There's plenty of opportunity for the buyer to research the cards being sold and they can decide if they agree with the price. I just don't see how that's the board's responsibility.
This is the point I was trying to get across to Imac. If someone lists a Andrew Luck auto for $200 BIN, knowing full well in a year that card is gonna be selling for $100 does that mean they are "ripping off" the buyer? No it does not and I am pretty sure most people would agree with me. This is why people usually overpay on BIN items. To guarantee they get the card. They paid extra to guarantee victory. The cheap people who were making low offers lose because they were not willing to pay that premium. Does not mean the seller is ripping anyone off.