View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 06:48 PM   #562 (permalink)
Clarka3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
Also re: everything I wrote above, I just typed "defense" into comc to see what insert sets have ever existed with that name in them. I count just 3 - 1993 Power All Pro Defense, 2006 Ultra Kings of Defense (parallel sets with an without jerseys), and 2007 SP Chirography Signs of Defense (an auto set with a few parallels). All of those were with current players, and Chirography had a lot of younger up and coming defense types so there are plenty of duds in there who didn't pan out.

So I think there's a market for an all D set, or at least some solid d inserts in our set. Maybe we could call it like Defensive Dynasties or Dynamos or Dynamite Defenses...something with alliteration lol.
this is an excellent vein you've tapped.

RKC, we're going with a defensive only set. I like the Quad autos from superbowl winning teams. Let's make that a part of the set, but definitely look along other areas as well.

come up with your favorite 4 players for the defense that won the superbowls, and let's see if we can't come up with something else as another set of chase cards for it (or 2).

Ultimately, i think it would be great to have:
1. Superbowl defensive quad auto set (thoughts on numbering? we have to keep it manageable especially for any dead members of the D)

2. Base set (base cards of defensive greats from all eras), maybe some refractors or parallels to keep chasing the sets.

and maybe 1 or 2 other chase sets. thoughts on these? Perhaps a jersey/materials set for other greats that weren't on the SB teams, and maybe a base auto set (with lower number parallels).

i think Dynamic Defensive Dynasty set might be a little too much "D". Defensive Dynasties ok with the RKC crew?

Don't ask me how much I want to offer. Come with a price in mind. If I don't want it or think it's worth that, I will let you know.
Clarka3 is offline   Reply With Quote