View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 06:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Default Strange ebay experience...

Hello all,

I'll try to keep this short... it'll either be epically boring or mildly entertaining. This is not card related, by the way, but I don't know if anyone has had a similar experience on ebay. Mods, feel free to move this if its in the wrong place.

FYI... I have been on ebay 10 years, 100% feedback, not a power-seller-type but never any problems except for one card-related one I documented on here a few weeks ago. Here goes...

I placed this item on ebay for auction...

It is a small camcorder that is exactly what is described in my description (below the stock ebay description).

Sells immediately with BIN. Next morning the buyer emails me and says "Sorry, I just realized I can't afford this and I will not be paying for it." He's not even polite or apologetic about it.

Awesome. So I don't bother filing a claim (lesson learned), relist it and on the last day it gets three bids and sells. Next day, an email from the new winner... almost the exact same thing. "Sorry, I just realized I'm overdrawn and can't afford this. Sorry!"

Super-awesome. This item is just something I was getting rid of, not desperately trying for fast cash, and I'm frustrated, but not impatient. So, I've never done the 'second chance' thing and decide to give it a try. Two days later, it sells with the 'second chance' offer. Buyer pays almost immediately, I ship the item safely and securely, mark as shipped, and sit back and wait for the feedback. I get a positive today, but the description says this...

"Poor communication, best item as described, fast shipping"

Huh? I'm starting to think this is a cursed item... Okay, so I misspelled the word 'camcorder.' Are the ebay gods cursing me for that? So anyhoo... I check out the buyer's own page to see what he/she is selling and I come across this...

Kodak Mini HD 128 MB Camcorder - Purple 0004177182210 | eBay

Double Huh? My photos, my EXACT description... I don't even know if this item went up before or after they got my item!

I guess the only thing I'm upset about is the somewhat false-positive I got in feedback. And that the feedback doesn't make any sense.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I know of flipping cards but, uh, this is a cheap crappy camcorder. Not too much profit to be made there. Any reason for the odd feedback or the turning around to resell so fast?

Thanks for reading.
Collecting Cincinnati Reds - current, past notable and HOF
bucket -
Super8er is offline   Reply With Quote