View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 08:11 PM   #564 (permalink)
SpastikMooss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarka3 View Post
this is an excellent vein you've tapped.

RKC, we're going with a defensive only set. I like the Quad autos from superbowl winning teams. Let's make that a part of the set, but definitely look along other areas as well.

come up with your favorite 4 players for the defense that won the superbowls, and let's see if we can't come up with something else as another set of chase cards for it (or 2).

Ultimately, i think it would be great to have:
1. Superbowl defensive quad auto set (thoughts on numbering? we have to keep it manageable especially for any dead members of the D)

2. Base set (base cards of defensive greats from all eras), maybe some refractors or parallels to keep chasing the sets.

and maybe 1 or 2 other chase sets. thoughts on these? Perhaps a jersey/materials set for other greats that weren't on the SB teams, and maybe a base auto set (with lower number parallels).

i think Dynamic Defensive Dynasty set might be a little too much "D". Defensive Dynasties ok with the RKC crew?
Sweet, glad you're feeling it. I love your expansion to the idea of the set - base set with parallels/refractors, quad auto set, base auto set, jersey/material set. I think that'd be real solid right there, and I agree it might be especially nice to make the jersey/autos of guys that weren't on those Super Bowl teams.

As for the numbering of the quad autos, I was envisioning like /100 and lower. I've seen a lot of sets where there is a set max number of cards, but many cards end up short printed because they can't get enough autos or materials and so those are numbered to less. So something like a 2006 defense could be /100 since those guys are easier gets, but older teams (or like the 96 Packers with Reggie White) could be more like /25 or even as low as /10 depending on how many cuts are available for the product.

And as for quads, I definitely nominate Lawyer Milloy, Ty Law, Tedy Bruschi, and Willie McGinest for the Patriots 2001 quad. Tempting to swap Willie out for Roman Phifer or Mike Vrabel since they meant a little more that year, but Willie was a long time Pat before them and he gets the nod for me. I'd buy every version of that card if I could!

As for the 86 Bears, Singletary gets a decent amount of love, so I'm thinking the D Line - Dan Hampton, the Fridge, Richard Dent and Steve McMichael.

http://www.comc.com/Users/SpastikMooss
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote