View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #144 (permalink)
uberfatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
I can't tell if this is supporting or against my arguments, but it came up with the analogy that I've been trying to think of this whole time and couldn't.

All the start of the race (season) did was set you up to win the race (make the playoffs) but what really matters in the end, is how well you finish. And frankly, Cabrera was Bolt, he took those long strides down the stretch and won, while Trout clipped his own heel a bit and stumbled into the finish line a disappointing second by the slimmest of margins.
Can you please respond to my two posts citing WPA and how that affects your opinion of their respective seasons?

In my view, your analogy is flawed. You assume that Cabrera has somehow "passed" Trout in the footrace, except you haven't responded to posts which show actual statistical evidence using WPA that Trout is still well ahead of Cabrera even when taking context of at bats into account, which is your main argument against using WAR. If your argument against using WAR is debunked then what you are using to annoint Cabrera basically boils down to OMG GUYZ TEH SEPTEMBER TRIPLE CROWNZ AEWSOMR.
uberfatty is offline   Reply With Quote