View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #144 (permalink)
verona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
This is what im talking about. Setting a "Tier" leven amongst card collectors. Doesnt exist in any sport except basketball.

To answer your question, those who spend $20k on cards are less knowledgable about the hobby and card prices than those who dont spend 20k on a single card.

Just because I dont own a Ferrari doesnt mean I cant afford one and because I dont own one doesnt mean I dont know how to drive fast either! But I guess in this hobby, the more $$ you spend on cards makes you a "Master"? or makes you the end all of facts? Is that what you are saying here? Because to me it sure seems like a case of "Unless you spend $20k on a card, you dont know jack about cards" mentality.

This was a miff question asked by the OP who clearly knew what he was doing. He offered up the card. Then when got a reply for a trade pretty quick, he rethought it. Simple as that.

As to which card you would take? Who knows and who cares. Isnt that the end goal of collecting? To be content or happy with buying, trading or selling for whatever it is that made you happy? Or is it about coming out ahead and $$ valuing ? If its all about the "Bengamins" then this hobby isnt the best place to make bets!!

This is just another prime example of people looking or wanting to "Fit in" and be "popular" based on the cards in their collection. If the majority of the boards tell you to keep that MJ Exquisite because THEY like it much better, how does that fulfill your collecting goals? If they choose to like PMG green, how would that fulfill your collecting goals? The ONLY question and answer that should be here is whatever the OP wants. Not everyone else.
I'm agree with you, no matter what type of collection you have, but the passion with which it is done. So who have cards of value, don't have more experienced than others. It 'also true that you have to collect what you like, not what others would recommend to you. Mine was more of a way to get a reaction about Exquisite against Fleer Retro. I know well what are the cards that I love and MJ Retro Flashback is one of those.
verona is online now   Reply With Quote