View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #135 (permalink)
gamboooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Who said he wasn't grateful? He is willing to fly when he has to? You are trashing the guy you don't even know. Thats my point.

The Rockets as his employer CANNOT say anything and it goes if it's not in the contract. Do you want to know what would happen if they tried to force him to fly? There would probably be a huge lawsuit. I bet White and the Rockets both know this and that is why they are trying to work it out like responsible people

And now people are calling him ungrateful, a baby, that he just needs to get over his mental illness.

Are you serious? You think that is normal and alright?
LOL, no there wouldn't be a lawsuit. If flying with the team is a team rule, they can clearly make him do it. I'm not just pulling stuff out of the air like you. Have you ever heard of a morals clause? Do you think every contract says, "you can't make racist comments on Twitter?" No. It's general language. You want to know why? It's IMPOSSIBLE to include every detail in a contract. That's why when the contract says, "team rules," the team is allowed to set those rules, or when some moron spouts off on Twitter, they can fire him. They can't make you do anything illegal, but traveling with the team, by flight, is certainly reasonable and legal.

He is not in training camp on day 1. He had weeks to work with the Rockets to get this sorted out. Do you really not have a problem with him not being there? It's such a cop out to say, "you don't know him." We have proof of his actions. It's fair criticism. I'm sorry I didn't just throw my hands up and say, "oh, the soon to be millionaire basketball player won't show up to camp until one of the few teams willing to take a shot on him makes explicit that he can drive to some games even though he had weeks to work it out and is kind of coming off poorly has problems with anxiety, I should cut him a break."