View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lockdown32

It's a hobby. If you are in it for money then you are in the wrong business. If a kid is opening a pack he isn't gonna care if he can't make money. He is in it for the fun. The vague wording on jersey cards is just to cover themselves legally. The legal problems for them knowingly using unworn jerseys is much to great for them to risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreak9 View Post
are the jersey pieces as authentic as they were in the late 90's though? many cards have a vague time and place when they were worn. on wikipedia the way they talk about the UD wording change on jersey cards makes you wonder, a lot.

youve got me on the flipping thing but look at late 90's jersey cards of marino and favre and others. some are over $200 in beckett but who's gonna pay that,even if it has a specific game piece/event listed in the back, when a favre (or anybody else post 2005) can be had for $8? that collector with that card who paid all that money for those boxes has something worth nothing. makes it the stock market. dump it before its overplayed and worthless. flip it all. except the vince lombardi cuts auto and the occasional 1/1's and rarities. look at favres cards drop as soon as he's done playing. everything can be had for 50%-75% off 1 year after he's out. then will skyrocket for 2 weeks after he's entered in the HOF. stock market. get it before its hype, flip it before it dies.

also whats a kid gonna think when he pays $5 for a pack of cards and a superstar jersey card and handful of superstar base cards wont even get him his $5 back? i have a hard time justifying buying packs or boxes when its $125 for the box or $200 for the exact card i want. saves time and effort, snipe it and get it over with. saves trees too.

'get it before its hype, flip it before it dies.' phreak9
'the confrontation with god is the confrontation with the unconscious' carl jung