View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
soxfanintx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
From now until the end of 2012 people who rip and flip should take a break. Ebay is flooded with people taking advantage of free listings for the rest of the year and nothing is getting a good value. Even if you hit a RG3 and Luck low numbered auto in the same case you will still lose money right now. There is not one product out there that will make you a profit unless you hit a 1/1 of a good player or something else amazing. Market is soft right now, very soft. Your best aproach is to buy singles of players and resell once their value goes up.
This is good advice.

To the OP - If you want a fun, fairly cheap break that has a good chance at breaking even, I would suggest a box of 2011 Chrome Football rack packs.

2011 Topps Chrome Football Value Rack Pack Box - $187.95 : Blowout Cards - Sports Cards and Trading Cards Wholesale Online Store

Newton, Dalton, Green, etc all still sell fairly well. You also have the shot at some nice color and the retail exclusive orange refractors that sell for a premium.

Remember though, although its a fun break its still not a guaranteed money maker. Nothing is. Good luck.