View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #35 (permalink)
monkeymcgee

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadWayTooMuch View Post
Probably Barry Manilow and The Carpenters.

Thank you for allowing me to have an opinion, whether it's a good one or a bad one!!!

Seriously speaking, I honestly believe his death made him into something he wasn't. Grunge came and went, but to this day, Cobain is a legend. What exactly did he do to earn this status short of dying young?

Personally, I think his music is a joke. You can't understand a word he says. But I know, fans will say how he brought about grunge. Some of us don't think that's a good thing!

But again, thank you for allowing me to have an opinion. It's unfortunate there are some stalkers on here that believe only what they have to say is fact and everything else is bull.

Wonder when that Tony Orlando concert is...
Well, I grew up on hair metal, 80s pop, and Guns 'n Roses. I had only a passing familiarity with punk when I first heard "Smells Like Teen Spirit". Honestly, I wasn't a huge Nirvana fan right away, but I liked their sound a lot. They opened the door for a ton of later bands who in some cases were musically superior (Radiohead, for one), but they also shed light on a lot of superior bands who influenced them that people outside of college radio weren't very familiar with (like The Pixies and The Melvins).

Say what you want about Cobain, but the dude could write an awesome punk/pop song.

Last edited by monkeymcgee; 10-07-2012 at 09:29 PM.
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote