View Single Post
Old 10-09-2012, 01:58 AM   #99 (permalink)
Ajax1723

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentandbecca View Post
good way to do it and listing the odds/ends....tougher hits for 3 days is good
plus don't sell self short, some undervalue hits from stuff as base topps
IF you look at market the 'hits' from base topps or heritage will often go way more than a similar hit #d lower from a premium product such as museum, TTT, etc

the topps hits are so tough and have numerous set collectors added to player & team collectors that the higher end stuff may have

you pull a patch out of base topps and just look or an auto allstar jersey or a triple allstar jersey or an auto of ripken, or whatever, compare the market
but again this is not always the case but close to it and not always equaling profits
That's kinda what I do. Most of my hits go one day when they go up, and anything numbered to /25 or lower of a non-star player I will fix price. If it is someone huge like Ripken, Pujols, Harper, Trout, etc, I know in auction being one of the first few will be more important than fixed pricing it most of the time.

Of course I have found exceptions, I sold the first Harper SP for 325, which obviously now looks to be about 10x actual market value. But on hobby release when everyone is opening and putting stuff up, only the not-as-popular stuff goes fixed price.

Other low numbered stuff, like the black parallels, I have been starting at 3.99 or 4.99 so I don't get killed on those, seems they don't do as well in the open market unless they are great names.

My next big break is 3 cases of Topps Chrome Football (wanted to go 4, but they went up too high by the time I got there, might try to get one from my LCS). Only doing one case of Bowman Chrome because of the wrapper redemption. But both should be fun, and I limited the risk with Chrome by getting in at a pretty good price.
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote