I've thought this is what happened since the card first ended.
1.makes offer (like he would've ever paid)
2. Laughs at seller rejecting offer
3. Sets up bovus account to snipe (lord knows he has plenty of accounts)
4. Bumps thread to make sure the whole forum sees it end
5. Immediately says he won't pay
6. Legit second place bidder turns down SCO cause auction appears rigged
7. Comes back and laughs at seller some more and tries to get even cheaper price
Sure it's an extremely POS thing to do, but it's got ebacardi written all over it.