View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #139 (permalink)
mainerunr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlittle1981 View Post
Thanks for the insight!! Don't worry about me though, I cant even stomach buying a $20 blaster at Target when I'm bored. All retail is to me is a blown $20 to get base. Rather just spend it on eBay for singles.

I dont think I will do cases for Topps just because I'm not so interested in "master" sets from base Topps. Except for Calculus' stories of missing base, for the most part I have been lucky getting whole sets out of jumbo boxes. But Heritage is number one cause I like having those complete. I may go the case route only for sets that need more than one box i.e. A&G, Heritage, Archives. Should be fun next year, I'm working on organizing so I'm ready for a Heritage case.
I think I've gotten complete sets from every jumbo box I've every bought...although S2 this year I bought 2 boxes and am 2 cards short due to damage.

Heritage is a PITA to build a set by ripping. I still need 16 cards (14SP's) and I've been trading/buying singles and that doesnt even count the insert sets.

I try not to break more than I want to keep because I really dont sell much. My mistake this year was going with hobby boxes instead of jumbo's for S1, I'm ~63 cards short of a second set of Topps and only 2 are S2.

This reminds me, I ought to start preordering my jumbos to lock in, they are a lot cheaper now than they will be locally on release day.
mainerunr is offline   Reply With Quote