View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #141 (permalink)
premium1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
Absolutely know your limitations.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but for the love of all that is good don't think you can take Brent's system exactly and make it work for you. His system is good... for him. You have to do it your way. You need to do your own math. You need to be sure you know your product.

Case and point. In 2006 I started doing football because everyone was. I took a beating because I don't know much about football (other than God must love the Giants more than the Jets).

I do know hockey. I make money selling hockey. I have a clientele. I don't want to underestimate or dare Brent to jump into hockey because the last thing I need is someone ripping sixty cases of Upper Deck Series 1, but I suspect that I'd have a higher ROI because its been my market for 20 years.

Please do your own homework and do what you know, because if not you'll be selling a lot more to the case-break leftover guy (me) than you care to.

I think you make some good points. I think Brent actually mentioned earlier about the need for people to find their own nitch. There are areas that I would absolutely love to get into because I think there would be a pretty nice ROI if done right. The problem is that I do not have the knowledge currently to do it, so I am staying away. I think a lot of people think that there is no way you can go wrong by going big. After someone takes a big bath on one of the bad products they learn otherwise. I think the main thing here is to determine if you want to do it for fun or for profit. You can do both, but you need to have one of those as your priority. I don't think you can make smart decisions until that one has been made.