View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #46 (permalink)
mikecamp99

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkus View Post
Do people usually put "WARNING, THERE ARE $700 WORTH OF CARDS INSIDE THIS PACKAGE" on the outside of it? Otherwise how would your wife know WHETHER you spent $7 or $700? Also, someone who spends that much money seems to have a very nonchalant and cavalier attitude about a lost package. If i spend $500+ on something and the PO had a "check the tracking" or "we don't know" approach to it, I'd be furious and barking up the corporate ladder until they sent slab-sniffing dogs looking for the damn thing.
Also, no matter how bad of a taste a processed insurance claim leaves, how can u not spend the $15 extra to cover you in case of a loss? I've been through it and it sucks, but it is SOOOO worth it. Nice to know that if it doesn't turn up, you're just ok with it. Must be nice to not worry about such a huge potential loss.

I hope everything works out for the best, but seems like neither of you have a great deal of interest this deal is processed properly, either on the front or back end.
They have those?!!!

It is not that far'fetched for people to ask the postal service or Ups or whomever to hang onto a package for pickup. Lot of times it is because packages get stolen when left in the mail box or front porch, and people feel it is safer in the hands to the deliverer than sitting where random hands can grab it.

Even if he didn't request for it to be held at the post office, there is still the potential an employee steals these when it arrives to the facility and before it is loaded onto the carrier. I don't think his request for USPS to hold it CAUSED it to be stolen.