View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Win4Vin

unfortunately that's definitely on the lower end of the boxes i've seen.

(disclaimer: i'm not affiliated with sbaycards but the good dudes there are the ones who got me back into collecting last spring.)

i did buy a 5-pack "case" of these world series boxes last weekend while i waited for my beckett RCR and watched the A's/Tigers game. i pulled a few slabbed vintage cards, a 9.5 topps finest stanton RC orange refractor, other modern cards, etc. but my two "case hits" were redemptions for a bryce harper psa/dna baseball and a vin scully psa/dna 5x7 autographed photo which they redeemed on the spot. doing the math i probably broke even but those are two nice pieces that will be going into my PC. i have seen guys hit nice cards ($500-600+) and i know for sure that the mike trout ball/bat combo still hasn't been pulled along with a lot of other signed memorabilia (jerseys, bats, balls, photos).

a nice consolation gesture is that each box purchased includes a ticket for the 1925 yankees ball that will be raffled when they finish selling all boxes (might be more than half-way there from what i saw last weekend).

all-in-all i felt like it has decent value but was a lot of fun because of the wide array of redemptions they inserted. it's much better than wasting the same amount of money on TTT and getting completely screwed on ROI.