View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 08:48 PM   #34 (permalink)
zonacats8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
thats true man definitely a valid point. He isn't a 3 and thats just it. if he can't succeed at the 4 then he doesn't have much of a role. amare has been a very good shooter (save last year lol) his mid range was deadly the first year he was in NY and seemed like it went in every time. last year he was just OFF shooting the ball. its funny, derrick is kind of like an amare /melo hybrid lol...he has some good qualities of both players. I can't really speak to william's defense but it has to be better than either melo or amare's lol. i mean melo plays solid D when he concentrates on playing D but thats about 10% of the time. amare just CANT play D until the last possession of the game lol. thank god the knicks have DPOY tyson chandler and former DPOY marcus camby...
You know, I hadn't really thought of it before, but he literally is a combination of Melo and Amare in one player essentially, very good comparison.

As for his defense, he doesn't have any on the perimeter, which is the main reason he isn't an NBA SF, he is serviceable in the post, but that was also when he was a 20 year old in college, I'm sure with a few years of seasoning in the NBA he'd become an average to above average defender in the post.

The Wolves are really hurting both Derrick and themselves by not trading him because he's just going to be stuck on the bench since they don't have a spot for him at PF with Love there. By keeping him and limiting his playing time to whatever he can get at SF they aren't showcasing what he can actually do and hurting his trade value.

I'll also say this as a disclaimer, Williams is in my top 2 of favorite Wildcats, he single handedly brought us back to the type of program we are supposed to be and for that, he will always be one of my favorites.
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote